The following provides information regarding housing options offered by Harvard University Housing (HUH), as well as the two dormitory option available to HGSE students.
HUH portfolio of nearly 3,000 apartments are open to full-time Harvard graduate students, faculty, and employees. The majority of residences are within one mile of Harvard Yard.
- While applications are accepted year-round, the main application season is March 1 through May 1, when inventory is at its peak.
- HUH is typically appealing to students who have families or want apartment-style living.
- There is extremely high demand for HUH apartments; apartments are not guaranteed.
- HUH offers apartments on a fixed-term lease basis and does not require a security deposit, application fee, or finder’s fee.
- Rental fees include the cost of utilities.
- 24-hour maintenance service is provided.
- Some furnished and pet-friendly units are available (breed and weight restrictions apply). All HUH apartments and properties are smoke-free.
- You must sign a lease with HUH. Start times vary and they typically end on June 30.
- To live in any HUH apartment, you must fill out a Housing Application (Please be aware that an approved application is not a guarantee of housing).
- For detailed instructions, and more information, please see the Harvard University Housing website.
- Construction noise at HUH properties: Make sure you read your "Lease Rider", once you sign your lease (contract) you will not be able to cancel it.
The Graduate Commons Program is one of the special amenities offered by HUH and is available at all its properties. It was created in collaboration with graduate and professional schools to provide a housing experience that balances the needs for privacy and convenience, with opportunities for cross-discipline collaboration and social interaction outside of the classroom, fostering a greater sense of community for our graduate student population.
Harvard University Housing and Leasing
Harvard Campus Service Center
Room 807, 8th floor, Richard A. and Susan F. Smith Campus Center (formerly Holyoke Center),
1350 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138
- For single students only.
- Applications available online through Harvard University Housing (HUH).
- Housing contracts for Cronkhite Center end June 30, although start dates vary.
- A meal plan (consisting of 10 out of 15 meals per week during the academic year and 5 dinners per week during the summer period) is mandatory for all Cronkhite residents during the entire term of the housing contract (meal plan contracts run concurrently with housing contracts).
- Sublets allowed to an approved affiliated student once during the summer and once during the January break. All subtenants will be required to be over 21 as of the first date of their sublet period. Please click here to learn about amenities, pricing, and more.
Students at GSAS, GSE, HKS, HDS, GSD, and SEAS get priority renting in Cronkhite. Beginning in early May, approved single graduate student applicants from these schools who submitted an application between March 1 and May 1 will be able to view and select Cronkhite units on the HU Housing web site. They are rented on a first-come, first serve basis to this group. If any units remain after the Harvard University Housing View and Select period they will become available to single applicants in all graduate schools.
Note that approved applicants also have the ability to lease in other properties. Please see application details.
Contact the Housing Office with further questions, (617) 496-7827 or email@example.com.
- For full-time, single students only.
- Twenty rooms are available to HGSE students.
- Rooms are assigned via lottery.
- Mandatory meal plan required.
Rooms are not assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. As long as you submit your application by the deadline, you will be included in the lottery.
Contact the GSAS Office of Residential Life with further questions at firstname.lastname@example.org; 617.495.5060
Harvard University Housing has engaged Off Campus Partners to create a private market rental listing site that also contains an online roommate matching component.
To utilize this tool, visit harvardhousingoffcampus.com and click the Roommates link at the top. You will need to create a free profile that will allow you to access and share your information with other Harvard community members seeking roommates.