Graduates are expected to wear appropriate regalia for the University Commencement Exercises and the HGSE Diploma Ceremony. If your religious beliefs or traditional customs prohibit you from wearing academic regalia, please contact the Office of Student Affairs.
There are two main sources for commencement regalia, the Harvard COOP in Harvard Square which provides both RENTAL and Custom PURCHASE regalia and University Cap and Gown, in Lawrence, MA which provides purchase regalia only.
The Harvard Coop Required Information & Important Dates
- Regalia orders taken on line on at harvard.shopoakhalli.com
- Ordering dates: February 25 to DEADLINE Wednesday, April 3
- HUID number is REQUIRED to order, and to pick up your regalia.
- If you miss the order deadline, the Harvard Coop will have a limited number of extra gowns available for rental the week of Commencement. There is an additional $25.00 fee incurred for all extra rentals.
HGSE Rental Fees:
- Ed.M. Master Package (Master Gown , Master Hood, and Mortarboard with Tassel) $78.75
- Ed.L.D Doctoral Package (Black Doctor Gown, Doctor Hood, and Mortarboard with Tassel) $83.25
- Ed.D. Doctoral Package (Crimson Doctoral Gown, Doctor Hood, and Tam with Tassel) $167.40
Regalia Pick-location and Dates:
The Harvard Coop (Harvard Square location) May 23 to May 30
Mon – Sat, 9:00am to 9:00 pm
Sunday, 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
(The Coop IS open 9:00 am to 9:00 pm on Memorial Day, May 27th)
The Coop opens at 6:15am on Thursday, May 30th, Commencement Day for pick up
The Regalia Return Deadline June 8th, 2019.
Full Doctoral Regalia consists of a crimson doctoral gown, hood, and doctoral velvet tam.
Full Ed.L.D. Regalia consists of a black doctoral gown, hood, and mortarboard cap.
Full Master's Regalia consists of black master gown, hood, and mortarboard cap.