Equity and Inclusion Fellows (EIF) are interested in proactively advancing Diversity Initiatives at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Equity Fellows serve as a bridge to and partners with student council, student organizations and fellow classmates to work towards a more equitable and inclusive campus.
The Equity and Inclusion Fellows Program provides a range of learning for a diverse group of students who are invested in collaborating across differences to catalyze change. Through ongoing training and support, EIF co-design and facilitate workshops for members of the Harvard community and beyond. We believe that getting people to engage in conversations at a deeper level helps build more equitable and inclusive spaces.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Address emerging diversity and inclusion issues among the student body at HGSE.
- Outreach to diverse student groups and promote inter-community dialogues and engagement.
- Address diversity issues that impact the inclusive and empowering community of HGSE.
- Provide tools to prepare educators to leave HGSE to lead in a diverse world
- Develop personal capacity to design and facilitate equity programming through training and retreats
- Attend a required course once a week.
- Equity and Inclusion Fellow will be given the opportunity to facilitate community conversations throughout the academic year. This may include workshops and/or trainings throughout Harvard University or outside of the Harvard Community.
Who is eligible to apply?
1. All current HGSE matriculated students
2. Full and part-time students.
3. Previous experience with equity and inclusion work welcomed, but not required.
*Applications are closed.