How To Get Started

Follow These Steps

The offices of Admissions, Financial Aid, and ADS do not share information about the disability status of applicants of admitted students, whether between each other or with outside parties. As such, in order to receive services and accommodations from us you will first need to contact ADS to disclose your disability.

If you decide to disclose your disability at HGSE, we ask that you contact the Access and Disability Services (ADS) Office located at 124 A & B Gutman Library ( If you anticipate accessing health or disability related services including reasonable accommodations, please do the following:

1. Contact us by phone, email, or drop in.  (See "Contact Us")

2. Submit an ADS Request for Services form to  (Fill out an ADS Request Form)

3. Provide acceptable documentation by following guidelines.  (See "Guidelines for Documentation" and have clinician fill out a Medical Verification Form)

4. Make an appointment with ADS at your earliest convenience.

We recognize that the choice to self-disclose is a very personal one. You can be assured that all conversations with our office will remain confidential. (See “Confidentiality” for more information.)

Planning proactively by seeking information and assistance is strongly encouraged and doing so is to your advantage. Reacting to challenges as they arise may result in less effective support.