Access & The Law


The law requires that in order to be eligible for services and accommodations you must first make a request to ADS and provide any existing documentation of your disability. If you do not possess current documents or have not been assessed, our office can help walk you through this process.

According to the ADAAA 2008, EEOC regulations of 2012, and section 504 of the Vocational Rehabilitation Act (1973), a disability is a mental or physical impairment that limits one or more major life activities, regardless of duration or condition. Chronic illnesses that periodically cause episodes which limit life activities are also classed as disabilities under this definition. For more information on which disabilities qualify you for ADS accommodations and services under law, please contact our office.

Your Rights and Responsibilities

No services or accommodations can be provided unless a disclosure with appropriate documentation has been made to the ADS Administrator. Disclosing a disability alone does not guarantee accommodation. Students need to contact the ADS Administrator, who will facilitate accommodations and services between the student, faculty members, and providers.

Your Rights Under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act

The Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) with 2008 Ammendments

Fact Sheet on EEOC's Final Regulations Implementing ADAAA